The Remi Harris Trio - Light & Shade: Light & Shade
BMJ Club Programme
Time / Date
Sunday 29th March 2020: 8pm
Bar opens at 7.30pm
- Melville Theatre: Pen-y-Pound, Abergavenny, NP7 5UD
£11 Friends of BMJ
Students £3 on the door
SUPPORTING QUALITY LIVE JAZZ IN ABERGAVENNY
Click Here to return to the main club programme page
Remi Harris is a guitarist from the UK whose unique style draws inspiration from artists such as Django Reinhardt, Jimi Hendrix, Wes Montgomery and Led Zeppelin.
He has performed at Montreal Jazz Festival, Buckingham Palace, BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall with Jamie Cullum, on BBC 4 Television and live on BBC Radio 2 & 3.
Light & Shade is Remi’s most diverse and eclectic show to date. It features music ranging from the acoustic jazz, swing and gypsy jazz of the 30s and 40s to the psychedelic rock and blues of the 60s and 70s.
Featuring Remi on a variety of acoustic guitars, electric guitars and a ukulele; accompanied by double and electric bass, drum kit and percussion.
- “an extraordinary musician” – Jamie Cullum, BBC Radio 2
- “astonishing stuff” – Cerys Matthews, BBC Radio 2 & BBC 6 Music
- “Brilliant” – Martin Taylor MBE
- “a tremendously gifted player” – John Etheridge
- “Terrific” – The Telegraph
- “extraordinary” – R2 Rock’n’Reel Magazine
- “a remarkable musician” – Jazz Journal
- “seriously good” – thejazzmann.co.uk
- “Fantastic” – BBC Radio 3
COMING TO BMJ
Renewal Choir – afternoon workshop and evening performance: Sunday 31st May 2020